Monday, July 11, 2011

Lakebound!

My stepson's mother is expecting a baby any day now. After talking to his mother Saturday and her informing him that she was certain she would have the baby that day, he decided he wanted to cut his weekend with us short one day so he could be with his mother when she went into labor. We completely understood, and we didn't blame him one bit. So we drove him home Saturday night. Since we had plans for him on Sunday, we tried to figure out what we would do now. We came up with a perfect idea... an entire date day! We would get up early, hit the early service at church, and then head up to the lake. We planned to find a quiet cove and enjoy a romantic day of just being googly eyed over each other. We got our things together that night, and we went to bed earlier than normal so we could be well rested for an entire day of fun in the sun.

Sunday morning I got up early, made coffee, did my morning internet rounds, and waited for my husband to crawl out of bed. An hour passed, then two, then three. After nearly four hours I decided to check on him. I assumed he must just be exhausted from the full three days that we had spent with his son. We had packed in as much action as we could. Because Tim had been hurting bad through two of those three days, he had forced himself through alot just to do these seemingly basic activities. When I went to check on him, though, I quickly realized that our plans must change. It was "one of those days." He finally made it to the couch. I began working on as much as I could, knowing that there would be no lake trip. I figured if I could get alot accomplished that day instead, then maybe we could make the lake trip on Monday. After an hour or two on the couch, I finally convinced him to go back to bed. I massaged him until my hands could no longer go, and he drifted off to sleep. He slept for another four or five hours, and then he awoke to much less pain. We enjoyed the evening together, grilling out and both curling up on the same couch to read.

We woke up this morning to more tolerable pain. Our alteration of plans worked perfectly. Since I had accomplished alot on Sunday, I did not feel guilty about spending an enjoyable, relaxed day today. Mondays on the lake are far different from Sundays, so we had the option of many empty coves to google and goggle over each other. The sun zapped him, but all in all he did great! He actually asked me at one point if he could attempt knee-boarding, but I discouraged him since we had nobody else with us to help if something went wrong. For him to ask, though, was a good sign.

Tomorrow morning is our VA appointment. We're hoping all goes well. For now, though, I'm signing off the computer so I can curl up with him and thank God for the wonderful day we both had.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers that the VA appointment goes well! I enjoy reading your writing!

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It went good! Hopefully future appointments will help us figure out some more ways to make things better. :-) I feel like we're on the right track now, though.

    ReplyDelete