Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A (House) Hunting We Will Go....

It's amazing how quickly life passes by us. We are trying to get our house sold. My husband bought this house before we were married and, unfortunately, about three months before his crash. At the time he thought it was the perfect house for him. It's outdoorsy, rustic, in the woods, and really set for a man... a healthy man. There are stairs to get in, stairs to get out, stairs to go anywhere or do anything in or around the house. It's also on the side of a steep, rocky hill. Therefore, he's pretty much confined to the bedroom and living room when he's having anything but a good day. We need it gone, we need to be on flat ground, we need to not have so many stairs, and we need to be in town and closer to the schools. For all of these reasons we have been working our tails off to get it fixed up and ready to sell. (When I say we, I mean my parents and siblings just as much as us). A tremendous amount of effort has gone into it, but apparently it is paying off. He had it For Sale By Owner when I met him, and it had been that way for awhile. Eventually he listed it with an agent. She had it for about 10 months, and we finally got an offer (although we were going to lose $10,000). The day of closing the buyers backed out. We had another agent list it for about 3 months, but I don't believe it showed once. So after about 3 years on the market, we took it off to fix it up. I painted, built planters, landscaped, built a rock sidewalk and stairs, added curtains and feminine touches, and just all around tried to make it feel more like a home than just a house. Tim changed the carpeted stairs to hardwood, built some cabinets in the laundry room for extra storage, put drawers in the risers of the stairs for extra storage, repaired some parts of the deck, put a floor in an unfinished basement room so it can be used for storage, cut a hole and installed a new backdoor, and fixed many minor things around the house. Along with my family we laid sod, built a new patio out back, built new retaining walls, and did all the other things that physically Tim and I could not do alone. Last week we listed it back on the market, and we had 3 showings the first day. One of them resulted in a contingent offer. Another was planned to be an offer, but the buyers realized it wouldn't work after crunching numbers. And today we learned of another offer we have coming in. And this time we won't be losing any money!! The bad thing... the house we wanted and placed an offer on received another offer at the same time. Ours was contingent, the other wasn't. They rejected ours and accepted the other. Now we can't find any other houses we're interested in. So it looks like we may be displaced for awhile. That would be all well and good, and we could just live in our camper until we found something else but.....

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!

After 2 1/2 years of trying, doctor's appointments, tests, treatments, meds, and many many many prayers, it finally happened!!! Right now we are 13 weeks/2 days pregnant. We are so stinking excited about the baby, but now we're starting to wonder where we're going to be living with our little bundle of joy.

Now that explains why I have not been blogging. I have been going from sun up to sun down (and this is during the season of long days), and I have been so exhausted between all of that and keeping up with school that the most other stuff I do on the internet is pretty much from my phone as we are traveling to and from Home Depot. But thank you, Robin, for encouraging me to get back on here. I have been writing letters to the baby most nights in a journal I bought for that reason. I plan to post them eventually when I get a chance to just sit down and type out everything. I really miss blogging, though, and want to get back in a steady routine of it. I have a little feeling my blogging will be sporadic, though, until we get settled in a new home. But even if it's sporadically... I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome! I love reading your blog and keeping up with what's going on! You'll be an awesome mom! Looking forward to watching your journey!

    ReplyDelete