Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wanted: Baby

I have a wonderful stepson. I am extremely blessed with him. However, my number one goal in life has always been to be a mother. I always thought that I would be married for a few years first, and then we would start trying. If it happened along the way, so be it. But we wouldn't actively try for awhile. Because of my husband's injuries, though, we decided to start trying a few months after we married. It has now been 10 months that we have been working toward this goal, but still no luck. We both want a child together more than anything. As of right now, we do not even know if it is possible. We are very aware that our odds are not as great as the average couple. But the way I see it is that my husband should not have lived through his crash, but God is a miracle worker. I believe my husband is nothing short of a miracle, and I believe that God can work a miracle in this case, too.

Here are some excellent resources if you are trying to conceive:

2 comments:

  1. Whit, I completely understand. It's a tough thing to want something so badly & it be completely out of your control. Hang in there.....you are wonderful with Conner, by the way. He's lucky to have you! Thinking of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I think about you often. It'll happen for both of us, and when it does we will throw one huge (non-alcoholic juice only) party! And thank you for the Connor comment. I love that kiddo.

    ReplyDelete