Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Computer Troubles ~ My Apology

I got this blog up and going, and I was so excited about posting in it regularly. Last Tuesday, though, after I had completed my blog post and was trying to type an email to my stepson's teacher, my computer completely shut down on me. When I tried to access files, pictures, etc., it showed every folder empty. Eventually there was nothing I could do but turn it off. We took it to a few computer shops, and we finally found one Thursday who would fix it for a reasonable price. We received the call today that it contains a nasty virus, but they believe they can save all pictures and files. It will be a few more days before I get it back, so I may not be regular with my posts again until then. I apologize.

This also happened at a time that my husband's laptop was damaged by my carelessness. I spilled liquid on it, causing the keyboard to go out. Luckily it was covered under warranty, so we had mailed it in to be fixed the very day that my laptop crashed. When I attempted to use our trusty desktop that does not get much attention, we found that it is not so trusty. We're having to wipe everything off it and reinstall the operating system.

We may have many tech troubles in our household right now, but the way I see it is we will have 3 like-new computers real soon, so it's not all bad. Once they are all fixed with reinstalled operating systems and upgrades, I expect everything to run much faster and much more smoothly. Until then, my posts may be few and far between.

No comments:

Post a Comment