Monday, June 6, 2011

Back in Business

I got my computer fixed, and I'm back in business! It's amazing how much we grow to rely on these machines that we seldom used 15 years ago. I can remember being in college and thinking of how cool it would be to have a laptop. You were a big deal if you had a laptop. I saved up and bought my own desktop so I wouldn't have to go to the computer lab all the time. I thought I was high and mighty because I had a desktop computer, but I still dreamed of a laptop. Now I can't seem to function without my laptop.

With my husband going to school through an online university, and me working primarily online, we are glued to our computers. We love to travel, camp, visit relatives, etc., so we invested last year in MiFi. We now take our internet with us anywhere we go. It still blows my mind that we can take our camper up to the lake, and sit outside around a campfire while we work.

On to my hubby... The past few days have been good days. He's had problems here and there, but overall he has been feeling good. Those are the days I treasure. We're still searching for a new doc, and hopefully we can find us a good one soon. One of my best friends whom I trust whole-heartedly is searching for the name of a pain management doctor with whom she had excellent results. She said he actually "managed" her pain as opposed to "masking" it. I'm praying that we are able to find long-term relief soon. Until then, I'll keep getting practice as an unofficial massage therapist on his problem areas. (I can't lie... the more excuses I get to touch him, the better. So my massaging him is somewhat of a selfish thing on my part, too.)

He is sound asleep as I write this, so I think I will go join him. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment