Friday, June 10, 2011

Focus and Discipline

I admire anybody who goes back to school after 40 years old. It was tough for me to go back to graduate school after only being out of undergrad for 2 years. I can only imagine how difficult it must be after being out for 20+ years. But, on top of that, going back to school after 40 when you are on medicine that would knock most of us on our rear ends... that's tough! I watch my husband push through this time with a strength that amazes me. For the most part, his professors are good to understand when he has to turn something in a little late because he had a bad week and couldn't finish his assignments. But he still gives it his all to try to do that as little as possible.

Right now he's in the middle of a project of designing a website. He has to write all the html codes and other codes that I do not understand. His medicine causes him to have difficulty focusing, yet he'll do what it takes to regain his focus and continue. He sits at our kitchen table for 8, 10, 12, and sometimes even 16 hours a day working on his projects. I use our home office for my work, so he sits up there so he does not interrupt me. He is exhibiting a discipline that deserves my respect... and that he gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment