Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cookie Doctor

Today was our monthly appointment with the pain management doctor. I think we have found a new one, but we have to stay with this one until we can get everything set with insurance. I'll let you know how it goes when we get to see the new one.

Today, though, I made the mistake of posting on my facebook status that I was "on my way to the cookie doctor." I actually did it to get a giggle out of the people who read the cookie post about that doctor and the friends of mine who knew the story. What I didn't realize is what that would sound like to those who did not know the story. If you missed it, you can see the original story here:

http://thewifeofawoundedwarrior.blogspot.com/2011/05/pain-management-doctor.html

Needless to say, I got a few humorous comments on that status update.  :-)

The doctor appointment went good. They actually wanted to do an injection this time, but we were nervous about the cleanliness of the place, so Tim passed on the opportunity. We will just wait until we get to the new doctor. The doctor was more alert today... the most alert I have seen him thus far. He did not seem to be partaking of the meds as he usually does. He asked a few questions, signed the prescription the nurse handed him, and we were out.

So..... NYC!!!!

It was INCREDIBLE!!! The people I met, the things I learned, and the amount of focus it had on my husband, made it one of the greatest experiences of my life. Because there is so much to say about the trip, the wounded warriors and the caregivers, I will save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment