Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Doctor and NYC ~ Totally Unrelated

Update on the Pain Management Doctor:

We found a doctor who was highly recommended to us. This fellow is known for actually working to manage the pain, not just mask it. We were so excited, made the call yesterday.... and he does not accept our insurance. Boo! So, back to searching. Hoping beyond hope to find a good one soon!

New York City:

On an exciting note... I get to go to New York City this coming weekend! I began writing for online publications last year. It allowed me the opportunity to work more from home so I can be there for my husband when he's having a rough day, and it allowed both of us to move to the town where my stepson lives so we can be more involved. He was at a point in his life where it was vital for us to be nearby.

My career aspirations were to eventually write books. Taking this job for these online publications was a good foot in the door. Things have evolved since then, and my future is definitely on the upswing as far as my career is concerned. I have many doors that are continually being opened. Last month I learned that I was being offered the opportunity to attend a writing workshop in NYC... all expenses paid to NYC for a 3 day event. I could not believe the chance I had been given! My husband and stepson were hoping to tag along, but we eventually decided that it would be best for me to fly this one solo. I really wanted to get the most I possibly could from the weekend and fully focus on my work while I was there. We also knew that it would probably be our only vacation with my stepson this summer if they went, and they would have to experience it all without me since I would be in the workshop all day. So we're making other vacation plans with him, and I'm heading up to NYC alone. My thinking cap is already being placed on my head, and my focus is strong. I am so excited about all I may learn this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment