Monday, September 10, 2012

Crazy Air Force

No, I'm not talking about the United States Air Force. I'm talking about the force planes experience in the air. Saturday my husband was having one of the best days he has had in a LONG time. It worked out perfectly because it was a beautiful day with a lot going on. We went to the air show at the Little Rock Air Force Base. It is awesome to watch the maneuvers those pilots can make with their aircraft. As they would zoom past us at 1000 mph, then quickly change directions and go straight up toward the sky, I could only imagine the amount of force they were experiencing in the cockpit. As the announcers explained the details of specific moves, I was blown away. Many of these moves had pilots experiencing 3 G's or 6 G's. In other words, it was 3 times the force of gravity or 6 times the force of gravity. Then it dawned on me... it was estimated that when my husband had his helicopter crash he hit the ground with a force of 15 G's! 15!!! That's five times greater than what pilots experience during many of these high speed, incredibly forceful moves! That's far greater than what any Blue Angels' pilot experiences. That's a HUGE amount of force! I know I've read that it is nearly impossible to survive anything greater than 12 G's. And my husband experience 15 on that day. It's only more proof to me that God had more plans for him. The fact that he can walk and experience many things in life is a miracle. He should not have survived that day, but for some reason he did. I vow to continue to spend my life helping him reach his full potential and live the life God gave him. The bonus life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment