Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ice Cream for Dinner

I cook for my boys all the time. If I don't cook, they either don't eat or they'll eat something really bad... like ice cream for dinner. So I feel like it is my obligation to cook every night. In fact, I usually cook at least two meals a day, sometimes three. This weekend, though, I still wasn't feeling completely up to par, yet I still cooked dinner on Friday and Saturday. Today, Sunday, is suppose to be a day of rest... right? I figured I better abide by that. :-) So we had leftovers for lunch, and I let them do for themselves for dinner. The dinner of choice tonight was... drumroll, please... Spaghetti O's! You have to understand me to know how hard this is for me. I am the anti-processed foods person. To me they aren't foods... they are food-like substances. But I let it all go tonight and happily served it to them. Ok... so I did still fix it. But I didn't spend an hour or two cooking like I do most nights. I was so tired that I didn't even care. Whew! That's hard for an OCD girl! I feel like I made a huge accomplishment.

We worked with Connor tonight on his math. We have no idea how long this worksheet had been in his folder since we only see him every other weekend. But he struggled so bad on it that the teacher sent it home to be redone and have a parent's signature. He's so smart, but when he doesn't understand something he just gives up. When he's at our house we always make sure to review every class with him, see if there's anything he's not getting, and if there is then we work with him on it until he gets it. By the end of the study session tonight he was whizzing through those math problems. It's all about spending a few minutes with the kid every day. If he had that, he would make all A's. We would give anything to have him more often so his grades would come up and he would start enjoying school a little more. We will just continue to pray about the situation, though, and do the best we can do.

Sunday Night Football is on, and I have a running back (from my fantasy team) that's playing. I'm playing my brother this week, and it's looking like I'm gonna beat him. I have to hop off here and cheer on Frank Gore!

No comments:

Post a Comment