Tuesday, September 11, 2012

WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!


Never am I at a loss for words when it comes to writing. But today I have been unable to think of what to say to honor 9/11. No words can do justice to the incredible impact this event had on our country. As most did, I knew at that instant that our lives as Americans would forever be changed. Last year when I had the opportunity to visit the 9/11 memorial with the Wounded Warrior Project, I could not hold back the tears or the chills. I couldn’t look at that space without replaying that day in my mind. As Americans we were no longer divided by political party. We were one. I have never been more proud to be an American than I was that day. The spirit and love by Americans was apparent at Ground Zero, the Pentagon, and Pennsylvania by police, fire, EMS, military, and civilians, at prayer vigils across the country, and at the long lines of people waiting to donate blood. To those who endured personal loss at Ground Zero, the Pentagon, and Pennsylvania that day, my heart is with you. To those who have endured personal loss since then as a result of the events that day, my heart is with you. And to all police, fire, rescue, EMS, and military who selflessly put your lives out there for us every single day, my heart is with you. We will NEVER forget!









1 comment: